The Aspira® Drainage System is a tunneled, long-term catheter used to drain accumulated fluid from the pleural or peritoneal cavity to relieve symptoms associated with malignant pleural effusion or malignant ascites. When compared to thoracentesis and paracentesis, the Aspira® Drainage System may allow patients to drain fluid and manage their symptoms without repeated trips to the hospital.
The Aspira® Drainage System is simple to use and provides a compassionate treatment option for patients.
For more information please visit: www.myaspira.com.
- Stylet with Hydro-Glide® coating decreases leakage during insertion and helps stiffen catheter to facilitate insertion
- Less bulky than other currently marketed home drainage products: Requires less storage space than competitive product
- 15.5 Fr Silicone Cuffed Catheter with attachable valve
- Distally and proximally trimmable catheter: Either end can be trimmed to facilitate placement
- Repairable catheter valve enables a patient with a damaged valve or catheter to retain the catheter and have it repaired rather than removed or replaced
- 1 Liter drainage bag is light weight and compact
- Low vacuum siphon activating pump makes it simple to initiate drainage and does not lose vacuum
- Multiple kit configurations provide flexibility
- Multiple placement options: Ability to be placed antegrade, retrograde, and over-the-wire
Aspira® Peritoneal Drainage Catheters
Aspira® Pleural Drainage Catheters
Aspira® Drainage Accessories
Please consult product labels and inserts for indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, precautions and directions for use.